The online platform of Same Day Courier Network allows you to exchange transport orders with other transport companies. With the connection between EasyTrans and Same Day Courier Network you can easily place a job on the platform. After placing the order, other transport companies will immediately be able to respond to your offer.
Preparation for use
1. Fill in your credentials
Before you can post jobs to SDCN, you need to fill in your SDCN username and password.:
- In the menu go to Settings->General->Subscription.
- Fill in the username and password under ‘Connection with Same Day Courier Network’. These are the same username and password you use to log in to the SDCN platform.
2. Connect your vehicles
In order to be able to use the connection, your vehicle types must be linked to a Same Day Courier Network vehicle type:
- In the main menu, go to ‘Vehicle types’.
- Open the vehicle type by clicking on the corresponding row or by clicking on the edit-icon in the ‘Operations’ column.
- Under ‘Same Day Courier Network vehicle size’ select the correct vehicle type.
Tip: You can view the Same Day Courier Network vehicle types in your SDCN account via: Profile > Vehicles.
- Click ‘Save & Close’ to return to the overview.
- Repeat these steps for all vehicle types.
3. Setup the retrieval of POD info
Next, login to SDCN to register the API callback. This is used to retrieve the POD info upon delivery of the job:
- In SDCN, go to Settings->API callback.
- Activate the toggle button for ‘POD Created’.
- In the field ‘URL for POD Created’, fill in the following URL:
YOUR_USERNAME with the name of your environment (same URL that you use to login to EasyTrans).
Use the connection to place jobs on SDCN
The connection is now ready for use, you can now place a transport order on the Same Day Courier Network platform directly from an order:
- Enter your order.
Note: Do you want to specify the goods to be transported on the platform? Then fill in the details at ‘comments for the delivery note’.
- Click on the ‘Post the order as a job on Same Day Courier Network-icon’:
The screen from which you can place the order on the platform will open. The information you will forward to Same Day Courier Network will be displayed. Mandatory data that should have been included in the order is displayed in red.
- Optional: You can enter additional data as you might do in Same Day Courier Network.
Note: Same Day Courier Network does not offer the possibility to include all the additional options with the connection, such as “Temperature Controlled Van”, “ADR”, “Tail Lift” or “Moffet”. These must be set manually after placement.
- Click on ‘Post job’.
The order will be checked and sent to the Same Day Courier Network platform. If there are any errors, you will be notified. As soon as the placement is successful, you will receive a confirmation. The id-number (SDCN job ID) will be displayed and saved so it can be found in this screen at any time.
You can assign a driver to the job directly via the SDCN platform. As soon as the drivers finishes the job and uploads the POD information, it will be visible in EasyTrans, and the order will automatically be signed off. A delivery confirmation will be sent to the customer, containing the POD info.