The online platform of Same Day Courier Network allows you to exchange freight orders with other transport companies. With the connection between EasyTrans and Same Day Courier Network you can easily place a freight order on the platform. After placing the order, other transport companies will immediately be able to respond to your offer.
Preparation: Setting up the connection
In order to be able to use the connection, your vehicle types must be linked to a Same Day Courier Network vehicle type:
- In the main menu, go to ‘Vehicle types’.
- Open the vehicle type by clicking on the corresponding row or by clicking on the edit-icon in the ‘Operations’ column.
Tip: By right-clicking on the icon, you can also open a vehicle type in a new tab.
- Under ‘Same Day Courier Network vehicle size’ select the correct vehicle type.
Tip: You can view the Same Day Courier Network vehicle types in your SDCN account via: Profile > Vehicles
- Click ‘Save & Close’ to return to the overview.
- Repeat these steps for all vehicle types
Placing orders on Same Day Courier Network platform
The connection is now ready for use, you can now place a freight order on the Same Day Courier Network platform directly from an order:
- Enter your order.
Note: Do you want to specify the goods to be transported on the platform? Then fill in the details at ‘comments for the delivery note’.
- Click on the ‘Post the order as a job on Same Day Courier Network-icon’:
The screen from which you can place the order on the platform will open. The information you will forward to Same Day Courier Network will be displayed. Mandatory data that should have been included in the order is displayed in red.
- Optional: You can enter additional data as you might do in Same Day Courier Network.
Note: Same Day Courier Network does not offer the possibility to include all the additional options with the connection, such as “Temperature Controlled Van”, “ADR”, “Tail Lift” or “Moffet”. These have to be set manually after placement.
- Click on ‘Post job’.
The order will be checked and sent to the Same Day Courier Network platform. If there are any inaccuracies, you will be notified. As soon as the placement is successful, you will receive a confirmation. The id-number (SDCN job ID) will be displayed and saved so it can be found in this screen at any time.