My customer asks me to put a second company name on the invoice, is this possible?
You can list two company names below each other on the invoice. In the customer data at ‘Company name’, enter the two company names separated by a / (space/space). For example: Company name 1 / Company name 2:
The appellation on the invoice will then look like this:
Would you like to put an alternative company name on the invoice? That is also possible; enter an alternative company name at the ‘Invoice address’ at the customer data. The entered company name for this customer will be displayed on the invoice.
How do I create a credit invoice?
An incorrectly invoiced order can be corrected in three ways. You can enter a correction via an order, create a credit invoice or modify and resend the invoice. Invoices with a negative total amount are created as credit invoices.
Correction via an order
Is the correction an error in one order? Then you can credit the overpaid amount by means of a ‘return’ order. You can create a new order, for example by copying the incorrect order, and deduct the overcharged amount by adding a minus sign (-) to the amounts. You can add a comment as ‘correction XXX (order number)’. The order can now go along with the next invoicing.
! EasyTrans generates collective invoices by default, invoices with a negative total amount are created as credit invoices.
Correction of incorrect invoice
You can also delete an invoice and create and (resend) a new corrected invoice with the same invoice number.
- Removing an incorrect invoice
- Go to the ‘invoice overview’
- Write down the invoice number and date of the incorrect invoice
- Remove the invoice by clicking on the X in the column ‘operations’
- All corresponding orders now get the status ‘Checked’.
- Correct the order(s)
- Correct the error in the order(s) or in the customer data
- Create invoice again
- Go to ‘new invoicing’
- Set the period and date of the invoice as that of the incorrect invoice
- In the ‘Next invoice number’ field, type the number of the incorrect invoice.
- Click on the ‘Execute’ button.
The incorrect invoice has now been corrected.
If your customer does not agree to receive a corrected invoice as described above, you can also create a credit invoice. EasyTrans generates collective invoices by default, therefore all orders listed on the invoice must be credited.
- Go to the ‘invoice overview’
- Open the invoice for which you want to create a credit invoice
- Go to the ‘order overview’
- Select all orders on the invoice and select ‘Duplicate’ under ‘With selected orders’ for quick processing.
- Open the orders and place a minus sign for the amounts
- Set the orders to checked in order to be able to invoice them
- Invoice the orders as you are used to
Invoices with a negative total amount are created as a credit invoice, you now have a credit invoice of the previously incorrectly created invoice.
- Now create the correct orders and re-invoice them as you are used to.
How do I give my customer access to my customer portal?
When you have access to a Premium- or a Premium Plus package, you have your own customer portal. You can give your customers access to your Customer Portal by creating login details and granting rights to a contact person:
- In the main menu, click on customer overview
- Open the respective customer by clicking on the corresponding row
- In the ‘Contact persons’ panel, create the login details for the relevant contact:
- Assign permissions
- Click on ‘Save & Close’ to return to the customer overview.
Your customer now has access to your customer portal with the login details you entered.
The web address of your Customer Portal is the same as that of your Transport Management System.
Can I change the text of the home page in my customer portal?
You can customize your own welcome message on the home page of your customer portal.
- In the main menu, click General (under Settings).
- At the bottom of the tab ‘Orders’ you will find the settings for the web order environment.
- Enter the text to be displayed on the home page of your customer portal.
If desired, you can use formatting codes to format text. A few examples:
How do I give carriers access to my Carrier Portal / Drivers App?
When you use a Premium Plus package, you have your own Carrier Portal. Detailed information about the use of the Carrier Portal can be found in the manuals that are available.
You give your carriers access to your Carrier Portal by creating login details and granting rights to a carrier:
- In the main menu, click on ‘Carrier overview’
- Open the carrier by clicking on its row.
- In the ‘Carrier portal’ panel, create the login details:
- Assign permissions
- Click on ‘Save & Close’ to return to the carrier overview.
Your carrier now has access to your Carrier Portal with the login details you entered.
Products and rates
How do I create a rate for a first package and then a separate rate for the following packages?
You have different rates for a first and following packages. It is best to enter these rates using the graduated prices:
- In the main menu, go to ‘Rates’
- Click on ‘Add new rate’
(or open an existing rate to be edited)
- Enter a description of the rate
- Select the appropriate rate type, in this case: Packages (amount)
- Select the product to which the rate should apply
- Select the vehicle to which the rate should be applied
If the rate applies to all vehicles, select ‘Every vehicle’.
- Indicate whether the rate should be active by default.
- Select whether the rate is a price or a percentage, in this case: a price (per unit)
- Fill in the rate, in this case: the rate of the following packages.
(The rate of the first package will be set later at graduated prices)
- Click ‘Save’ or press enter.
The window will now be expanded, the button ‘graduated prices’ will now appear:
In this case there is a different rate for the first packages, so we will create a graduated price for this:
- Click on ‘Graduated prices’
- Select the method for graduated price calculation: ‘Amount x rate cumulative’
- At the amounts enter the correct amount: ‘From amount’ 0, ‘Until amount’ 1
- At ‘Rate’ enter the rate of a first package
- Click ‘Save & Close’ to return to the rate.
- Click ‘Save & Close’ again to return to the rates overview.
With the example shown, the price of an order with 3 packages will now be: £8,- + 2 x £6,- = £20,-.
How do I create a user account?
If you work together with others in EasyTrans, give each user its own login account. This way everyone gets its own planning environment and you are able to see who has changed what in an order.
- In the main menu, go to Customers -> ‘Customer overview’
- Open your (head) office by clicking on the corresponding row
Next to your company details, under ‘Contact persons’ you see the users who can log in to your software package.
- Click on ‘New contact’
- Fill in the contact details of the user
! Note: If a password is forgotten, the email address you entered will be used to reset the password. If more than one user has the same email address, a new password cannot be sent.
- Create a username and password and give the user the proper permissions
- Click on ‘New contact’ to add more users or click ‘Save & Close’ to return to the customer overview
My mails are considered spam? How do I configure the outgoing mail?
Because EasyTrans doesn’t send mailings via your own email server, but only indicates that you are the sender, many email providers see this as a high risk of SPAM. The reason for this is that emails can be sent on behalf of others quite easily (unwanted).
To be able to send e-mails safely from EasyTrans, you can send the e-mails via your own email server. To do so, you can set the settings of your outbound SMTP mail server in EasyTrans. These are the same settings that you also use to, for example set up Microsoft Outlook. You can request the necessary data from your email provider.
You can set the SMTP settings in the following way:
- In the main menu, go to Settings -> ‘General’
- Go to the tab ‘Outgoing email and communications’.
- Fill in the requested data
- Send a test email to check the settings
Alternative solution: Allow EasyTrans to send e-mails on your behalf
If it is not possible for you to use your own SMTP server, there is an alternative, you can give EasyTrans permission to send e-mails on your behalf. The receiving party checks if the received mail originates from you, if this is not the case it checks if you have given permission to send the mail on your behalf. This solution is called SPF. Unfortunately, setting up your “SPF record” is not always easy, it is a technical setting in the DNS settings of your website. The way this setting is done differs per provider.
Setting up your SPF record
You can set your SPF record in the DNS settings of your website. How you get to your DNS settings differs per provider. Usually you can log in to a Control Panel. You can ask your provider exactly how to access your DNS settings and how to modify your SPF record.
The SPF record often looks like this:
“v=spf1 a mx ip4:your.ip.address ~all”.
By default, an SPF record will contain settings to allow your own domain name to be used as sender. To allow EasyTrans to send email on your behalf, you need to add EasyTrans’ SPF record “include:spf.easytrans.co.uk” to your SPF record.
The adjusted SPF record will then look like this:
“v=spff1 a mx ip4:your.ip.address include:spf.easytrans.co.uk ~all”.
Can I add more countries?
In the main menu under ‘Countries’ you will find an overview of countries that can be selected within EasyTrans.
Activated countries can be selected in an order, deactivated countries are not shown.
- In the main menu, go to ‘Countries’
- Activate: In the ‘Operations’ column, click on the plus icon
Deactivate: In the ‘Operations’ column, click on the minus icon
! Note: You can also activate or deactivate countries via quick editing.